- Caputo, J., C.M. Beier, H. Fakhraei, and C.T. Driscoll. 2017. Impacts of acidification and potential recovery on the expected value of recreational fisheries in Adirondack lakes (USA). Environmental Science & Technology. 51(1): 742-750.
- Beier, C.M., J. Caputo, G.B. Lawrence, and T.J. Sullivan. 2017. Loss of ecosystem services due to chronic pollution of forests and surface waters in the Adirondack region (USA). Journal of Environmental Management. 191: 19-27.
- Caputo, J., C.M. Beier, T.J. Sullivan, and G.B. Lawrence. 2016. Modeled effects of soil acidification on long-term ecological and economic outcomes for managed forests in the Adirondack region (USA). Science of the Total Environment. 565: 401-411.
- Caputo, J., C.M. Beier, V.A. Luzadis, and P.M. Groffman. 2016. Integrating beneficiaries into assessment of ecosystem services from managed forests at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, USA. Forest Ecosystems. 3:13.
- Caputo, J., C.M. Beier, P.M. Groffman, D.A. Burns, F.D. Beall, P.W. Hazlett, and T.E. Yorks. 2016. Effects of harvesting forest biomass on water and climate regulation services: a synthesis of long-term ecosystem experiments in eastern North America. Ecosystems. 19(2): 271-283.
- Beier, C.M., J. Caputo, and P.M. Groffman. 2015. Measuring ecosystem capacity to provide regulating services: forest removal and recovery at Hubbard Brook (USA). Ecological Applications. 25(7): 2011-2021.
Select FEST presentations:
Works cited on this website:
- Bare, J.C., G.A. Norris, D.W. Pennington and T. McKone. 2003. TRACI: The tool for the reduction and assessment of chemical and other environmental impacts. J. Ind. Ecol. 6(3-4):49-78.
- Birdsey, R.A. 1992. Carbon storage and accumulation in United States forest ecosystems. General Technical Report WO-59. U.S. For. Serv. Northeastern Exp. Stn., Radnor, PA. 51 p.
- Boyle, K., R. Bishop, J. Caudill, J. Charbonneau, D. Larson, M.A. Markowski, R. E. Unsworth, and R.W. Paterson. 1999. A Meta Analysis of Sport Fishing Values. Prepared for the U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Economics Division. 64 p.
- Farber, S., R. Costanza, D.L. Childers, J. Erickson, K. Gross, M. Grove, C.S. Hopkinson, J. Kahn, S. Pincetl, A. Troy, P. Warren and M. Wilson. 2006. Linking ecology and economics for ecosystem management. Bioscience. 56(2):121-133.
- Heiligmann, R., M. Koelling, and T. Perkins. 2006. North American maple syrup producers manual, 2nd edition. The Ohio State University, Columbus.
- Jenkins, J.C., D.C. Chojnacky, L.S. Heath and R.A. Birdsey. 2003. National-scale biomass estimators for United States tree species. For. Sci. 49(1):12-35.
- Lippke, B., E. Oneil, R. Harrison, K. Skog, L. Gustavsson and R. Sathre. 2011. Life cycle impacts of forest management and wood utilization on carbon mitigation: Knowns and unknowns. Carbon Management. 2(3):303-333.
- Millenium Ecosystem Assessment. 2005. Ecosystems and human well-being: synthesis. Island Press, Washington, D.C.
- Lampman, G. (project manager), K. Roy, N. Houck, P. Hyde, M. Cantwell, and J. Brown. 2011. The Adirondack Long–Term Monitoring Lakes: A Compendium of Site Descriptions, Recent Chemistry and Selected Research Information. Final Report. No. 11-12. New York Energy Research and Development Authority. 298 p.
- Perez-Garcia, J., B. Lippke, D. Briggs, J. Wilson, J. Bowyer, and J. Meil. 2005. The environmental performance of renewable building materials in the context of residential construction. Wood Fiber Science. 37(special issue: December 2005): 3–17.
- Sullivan, T.J., G.B. Lawrence, S.W. Bailey, T.C. McDonnell, C.M. Beier, K.C. Weathers, G.T. McPherson and D.A. Bishop. 2013. Effects of acidic deposition and soil acidification on sugar maple trees in the Adirondack Mountains, New York. Environmental Science and Technology. 47(22):12687-12694.
- USDA National Agricultural Statistical Service. 2014. Maple Syrup Production. USDA Northeastern Regional Field Office, Harrisburg, PA.
- World Bank. 2014. State and Trends of Carbon Pricing 2014. Washington, DC: World Bank.Doi: 10.1596/978-1-4648-0268-3